Finish the monthly report, do the laundry, finish dinner, take the kids to soccer practice, call your mom… This is only half of today’s to-do list and you are not even listing going to that dermatologist appointment you keep putting off. There simply is no time!
The days go by and you keep re-scheduling your doctor’s appointment. You may fool yourself into thinking that maybe you can take some time off to finally make it to the doctor, but something always takes a higher priority.
You are busy, we understand. That’s why our dermatologists have joined the eVisit portal where you can schedule an appointment and meet with our board-certified physicians from the comfort of your home or office. With this new service, you will be able to make it to your appointment without worrying about waiting in the waiting room for hours or sitting in traffic!
Here’s how it works:
- Go to the eVisit Portal, and create an account or log in to your existing account. Answer a few questions including a brief medical history and your current symptoms.
- Choose your preferred pharmacy and provide us with your payment information.
- Schedule a consult that works with your schedule. Then, start the session at the scheduled time and be sure to ask your physician all the questions that you need answered. There is no set time limit for the eVisit consult.
- Receive your treatment plan, pick up your prescription at your chosen pharmacy and book any follow-up care through the portal. There is no insurance or paperwork involved. Isn’t that great?!
The eVisit portal is user-friendly and convenient! Find below some of the most frequently asked questions:
- How can my doctor treat me without a physical exam?
Your doctor doesn’t need to do a physical exam to diagnose and treat many conditions. That’s because knowing your medical history is considered “90% of the evaluation” when combined with the doctor-patient interaction. How you’re feeling can be just as important to your doctor as the results of a physical exam. Plus, being able to see you and view any picture uploads via eVisit gives your doctor the additional visual information needed to make a diagnosis.
- What conditions can my doctor treat via the eVisit app?
Doctors can use the eVisit app to treat and manage a wide range of conditions from sinus infections to post-operation follow-up care. Call us at (210) 829-5180 to get a full list of the conditions our physicians can treat through eVisit.
- Is my medical information secure?
Yes, the eVisit app is 100% HIPAA complaint, so any personal health information you provide is completely safe and secure.
- I’m not very tech-savvy. Should I still use eVisit?
Yes! The eVisit app was designed to be very user-friendly. The interface is similar to Skype but with more bells and whistles to give you and your doctor everything you need to have a successful visit.