Urinary incontinence is when a person leaks urine because the muscles in and around the bladder don’t work the way they should. Anyone can develop it, but it’s more common in older people and women. Mother’s Day is quickly approaching, and taking advantage of our urinary incontinence services could be the perfect gift.
Types of Urinary Incontinence
Overactive bladder is another term for urinary incontinence, and below are the different kinds:
- Stress incontinence– When urine leaks from pressure put on the bladder like during exercise, coughing, sneezing, laughing, or lifting anything heavy.
- Urge incontinence– When there’s a sudden need to urinate, the person cannot hold their urine long enough to get to the toilet.
- Overflow incontinence– When small amounts of urine leak from a bladder that is always full.
- Functional incontinence– This occurs more in many older people that have arthritis or other disorders that prevent them from moving quickly and getting to the bathroom on time.
Urinary Incontinence Treatments at Texas Dermatology
Texas Dermatology offers two effective solutions for urinary incontinence. Both are comfortable and safe, non-invasive, and don’t require sedation:
- The BTL EMSELLA chair utilizes high-intensity focused electromagnetic technology (HIFEM) to cause pelvic floor muscle stimulation completely non-invasively. The procedure causes contractions like when doing a Kegel exercise. What makes this treatment effective is the in-depth penetration and stimulation of the entire pelvic floor area. A single session delivers the equivalent of 11,200 Kegel exercises over 28 minutes. These contractions help strengthen and rehabilitate weak pelvic muscles.
- The Viveve Treatment is a non-surgical treatment that uses radiofrequency technology to rebuild vaginal tissue, promoting collagen production. The procedure takes about 30-45 minutes and helps decrease urinary leakage, increase vaginal tightness and lubrication, and improve sexual sensation.
Restore Confidence for You, For Her.
If you or the mother figure in your life have urinary incontinence, restoring confidence is our specialty here at Texas Dermatology. Call us at (210) 829-5180 to schedule your appointment or through our online portal.