Removing unwanted pigment, wrinkles, and scars without discomfort and downtime is now a possibility with PicoSure®. This breakthrough technology gently delivers short bursts of energy to target problem areas. Lasers in the past relied on intense heat energy, which caused pain, skin redness, and downtime. Refresh your skin today with PicoSure® breakthrough technology here at Texas Dermatology.
What is PicoSure®?
PicoSure® is the world’s first and only picosecond aesthetic laser platform for multiple skin issues. It delivers ultra-short pulse bursts of energy to the skin in trillionths of a second to gently target and eliminate pigment without harming the surrounding skin. Here is a little about each of the procedures this technology can address.
- PicoSure® lasers remove a variety of unwanted pigments. Age spots, freckles, and brown patches can all be removed with PicoSure®. Our practitioner will put together a treatment regimen during your consultation to help you achieve pigment-free skin fast.
- How deep, large, and dark a pigmented lesion is, determines how many treatments will be required.
- PicoSure® for acne scar treatment uses ultra-short pulses of laser light to reach deeply into the skin’s sub-layers, treating the support structure. After treatment, the body’s natural healing process removes and rebuilds older tissue with fresh, new collagen and elastin.
- It has FDA-clearance for acne scars on any area of the body, including the face.
- The treatment takes as little as 15 minutes or less, depending on the target area’s size. Acne scars will begin to show improvement in 2 treatments, but a series of 3 to 5 treatments is recommended for optimum aesthetic results.
- PicoSure® targets all three layers of photodamaged tissue, epidermal pigment, mid-dermal wrinkles, and deep-dermal laxity. It can address fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes, mouth, or any area of your body, including your face, hands, and arms.
- The procedure can be performed in as little as 15 minutes or less, depending on the treatment area’s size. A series of 3-4 treatments is usually recommended.
- Laser energy focuses on the tattoo, targeting the ink and breaking it down into smaller particles. The body’s natural processes absorb the particles resulting in a lightening of the tattoo ink. This process takes about 4-8 weeks.
- The number and duration of laser treatments you may need for tattoo removal depends on several variables. These include ink type, size of the tattoo, and location. We will design a treatment plan prior that will ensure the best results.
- During treatment, there will be a slight whitening or “frosting” of the skin. However, that subsides immediately after completion. After a waiting period and practitioner green light, you can cover the area with a new tattoo if you desire.
Why PicoSure® Laser Treatment?
PicoSure® laser treatment is a perfect solution to consider before other, more invasive options. In some cases, a couple of tweaks with this treatment could yield desired results. Contact Texas Dermatology today to determine if PicoSure may be right for you. Call us at (210) 728-3923 to schedule an appointment or book online.